Bondtech BMG Reverse Integrated Drive Gear Assembly (RIDGA)
** qty 2 4x8x3.0 mm ball bearings included
**Be aware the primary drive gear is reversed**
not compatible with the Bondtech BMG extruder
The Bondtech DDX Integrated Drive Gear Assembly (IDGA) compatible with only the new HextrudORT extruder.
The R.I.D.G.A. replaces the following drive train items:
- Main shaft
- Main gear
- Set screw
- Primary drive gear
- 2x 4x8x3.0 mm ball bearings
A collaboration project with an outstanding element from our community
The BMG Reverse Integrated Drive Gear was designed in collaboration with MirageC, the creator of the HextrudORT, to address the runouts of the main shaft assembly and primary drive gear held by a set screw.
As MirageC explains in his YouTube video Extrusion Quality – Mystery issue resolved ! the runout of the main double gear and wobbling of the main drive gear contribute to explain the surface irregularity seen in all 3D prints.
To lower said (in)tolerances to a minimum, we made the following improvements:
main dual gears with tighter tolerances,
pressed fit onto the main shaft with a new method,
also, main shaft and main drive gear are machined in a monolithic steel set.
- Shaft length: 27 -0/+0.05
- Shaft length to support ball bearings : < 3mm – 3mm >
- Filament teeth’s center to end of shaft : < 14mm – 13mm >
- Number of drive gear teeth : 17
- Drive gear teeth length : 4mm
- Mainshaft/drive gear Material: Hardened Steel
- Flexible : yes
- Rigid : yes
- Abrasive : yes
- Number of main gear teeth : 50
- Main gear teeth length : 3mm